An automotive competition for Vermont high school seniors at the top of their CTE class.
Presented by Heritage Toyota, Heritage Ford and White River Toyota.
February 19, 2020
8am - 2pm
1620 Shelburne Road,
South Burlington, VT 05403
- The top students from Career and Technical Education Centers around the state of Vermont will attend this elite competition.
- All 16 CTE Centers with automotive programs in the State of Vermont will be tested by a Vermont Auto Dealers Association (VADA) representative.
- Students will be selected by their test scores on a timed hour-long, 100 question test.
- The six schools having the highest combined scores of two students will be invited to compete at the 2020 Heritage Automotive Challenge.
- The challenge itself will be a six car troubleshooting contest.
- Each vehicle will be bugged and student pairs will have a total of two hours to fix the issue.
- Teams will be scored and evaluated by the Heritage Toyota Service Manager, shop forepeople, college instructors and VADA members.
- Light breakfast and lunch will be provided by the Heritage Automotive Group.
- Trophies will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place contestants, with an awards ceremony directly following lunch on-site.
- The winners of the Heritage Automotive Challenge will go on to compete at the National Automotive Technology Competition at the New York Auto Show in April 2020!
- Funding for travel and stay at the national competition is provided by VADA.
H-Team in the Community Projects
Boys & Girls Club of Burlington
What does it mean to build a strong community? The H-Team knows it starts with healthy opportunities for kids. That’s why we are so proud to partner with The Boys and Girls Club of Burlington. Since 2008, we’ve supported the club and its educational initiatives for the kids at the Boys and Girls Club.
Heritage Night at the Ballpark
Members of the H‐Team—employees of Heritage Automotive Group—attended the game at Centennial Field and handed out 25th anniversary edition hats to 750 people, celebrating the 25 years the Vermont Lake Monsters have been a part of our community.
H-Team Food Drive
The goal of the Turkey Challenge is to donate as much non-perishable items and turkey as we possibly can to the Chittenden Emergency Food Shelf. We prepare by putting a truck in each of our showrooms: Toyota and Ford. Then our entire community — all of our roughly 250 employees, plus any members of the larger community — is invited to add to the collection of canned goods.
Car Wash Fundraiser
On Friday, May 18th 2018, Heritage Automotive Group hosted a fundraising car wash to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Burlington. Members of the H‐Team worked side‐by‐side with the kids and staff of the Club to raise funds for the many programs that the Club offers.
Members of the H‐Team—employees of Heritage Automotive Group—were in attendance to "pull together" for LGBTQ youths in Vermont. Outright Vermont was founded in 1989 and have provided support, advocacy, and celebration of young queer people in Vermont for over 20 years. Outright Vermont's goal with the Fire Truck Pull was to raise $60,000 - they ended up smashing the goal and raised a whopping $73,360!
Heritage Ford partnered with JDRF to walk together to help raise money and awareness to battle type 1 diabetes. JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research.
H-Team Summer Party
Every year, The Heritage Automotive Group hosts a party for all employees and their families. This is a celebration of all the hard work that everyone in the company does throughout the year. This event includes catering, music, and great raffle prizes.
Mt. Abe Safety Fair
In May of 2017, Mount Abraham Union High School invited Heritage Toyota to be a part of their full-day safety fair. In meeting parents, school administrators, first responder personnel, and state safety experts, we began to realize we could help foster a conversation about safety in our communities.